Hi beeks, join the Hunnabees hive + visit the farm for a one of a kind experience next spring!
BEEKEEPING + FARM TOUR!
This is an exciting + playful tour of our apiary, letting the visitor experience a day as a beekeeper. Learn about honeybee biology + lifecycles, colony jobs, honey production, pollination, challenges within an apiary, and more in the bee yard with two experienced beeks. Guests will learn to handle beekeeping equipment, smoke a hive, hold a frame of bees or honey, spot eggs, pollen, honey and possibly see a queen bee!
Each participant will have the opportunity to handle a frame and will be sent home with one (1) digital photo with the bees.
1. Includes one ticket for an adult. For a family pass click here. Children 6-12 yrs old may attend free of charge but please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Classes run from approx. 1-4:30pm unless otherwise specified.
3. Safety equipment can be provided however, if you do have your own, you may feel free to bring it.
4. Nucs/single hives (for a later pickup date), safety equipment, etc will be available for purchase following the seminar.
5. This tour is a light version of our INTRO TO BEEKEEPING course, this course is intended for those looking to learn about honeybees & pollinators but who may not intend to keep bees. If you are looking to learn + keep bees please email email@example.com for more information.
6. Please note we recommend continuing education for the current/aspiring beekeeper. This is not a one stop shop, we recommend networking with other beekeepers, taking intermediate & advanced seminars and joining/participating with your local beekeeping association.
7. All purchases are non-refundable. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled for a later date.
8. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your tour