Are you a local small business with a unique handmade product? Looking to dip your toes into the retail world? There's never been a better time than right now.
What is Markets Ontario?
We are a boutique multi-vendor marketplace that brings together the best of Ontario’s handmade products together in one convenient location. Markets features high-quality artisanal home goods, food, clothing, and more from more than 150+ local vendors.
Why should you apply to Markets?
The Markets model is unique, and offers vendors a variety of benefits.
Through your Markets Membership:
- You have access to the space chosen for your membership level plus the ability to list unlimited ready-made or made-to-order products in our online store.
- You keep 100% of your sales – we don’t take any percentage of or commission for what you sell.
- You’ll get preferred rates through the Markets professional photographer.
- You have the ability to schedule a Meet the Maker pop-up event to highlight your full product line in store.
What we provide:
- Sales associates trained on your products so they can recommend them to customers.
- Regular in-store events that are extremely well-attended and sought-after in the region. Vendors see a large increase in sales during these events.
- Facebook and Instagram recognition.
- A private vendor-only Facebook group to connect with other makers, access resources and get advice on marketing, sales and more.
- Pick-up service, shopping/stocking service, shuttle service, workshop space and backroom storage.
Since April 2019, in-store vendors with Markets Ontario have made over $4.5 million selling in store!
How does that application process work?
We pride ourselves in having the finest quality products in our stores. Applications are reviewed by a panel to assess quality of work, social media presence and to ensure the product is Ontario-made. It’s important that all products in store have local, handmade aspect to them.
Mini Maker Shelf
|New Maker Shelf
(New business from 2021-now)
|Half Unit Space||$160-175|
|2 Foot Wall Space||$210-240|
|3 Foot Wall Space||$260-290|
|Rolling Rack Space||$210-225|
I’m ready to apply!
- Click here for Bowmanville 2023 Application
- Click here for Bowmanville Cafe 2023 Application
- Click here for our new Bowmanville Mini Makers 2023 Application
- Click here for our Bowmanville *New Maker* 2023 Application
- Click here for our New Art Feature Space 2023 Application
Looking to test out selling in a retail space? Apply for one of our upcoming pop-up events! Click here to see a list of our upcoming events.